24 June 2009

Was Totally Puking Before We Even Left the Bar…

Where do I even start?! It’s been 69 days since I last wrote in my blog. Ha ha, 69! What are the odds, LOL. Anyway…as I said, I don’t even know where to start. Since my last post, I’ve been on a dunes trip to Hauser, started moving in with TB, had my birthday and got called back to work for my old company on a Part Time Temporary Government Job. Ugh, if I try to write about all of that stuff, it’s going to be a LONG post, so I’ll try to just write a quick blurb about each of the above mentioned events and we’ll move on…

First and foremost…The Job…It’s almost the same position that I had before, except I am specifically taking care of ONE job, ONSITE for a Government entity. As this is a Govy job it has A LOT of detail and loops we have to jump through, plus it’s a million and a half job that is supposed to be done in 6 to 8 weeks. Ha ha, that’s funny. Anyway, I am on-site in the building management office and since I’m not at the corporate office I get to wear jeans! Woo hoo! Today I have a 3 hour construction meeting where I will meet the team and so I dressed up, but the rest of this week I have been in jeans and I am LOVING it! Not only that, but my schedule is 7 AM to 2 PM daily…PERFECT for summer time! It’s also nice to be downtown this time of year. Gorgeous.

OK, so Hauser…I went with my buddy A to Hauser and it was an absolute blast. We arrived on Thursday with a few other groups of friends and started setting up camp and then the rest of our friends all started to arrive. We had a group site so we had about 10 toy haulers all at one site, plus 2 other sites with people in them. The annual May trip to Hauser seems to be the biggest trip of the year. This year was awesome, not only was I sleeping in a BED in a toy hauler and not in a tent on an air mattress, but we had good people, good stories, and good times in general. No one got hurt or broke any vehicles, so all in all it was a GREAT trip!

I got back from Hauser and me and TB decided that I should move in with her since I spend so much time over there anyway…so, I have been slowly taking things over. She has a split level w/ a daylight basement with a real fireplace so I have begun to turn it into my own little studio. I LOVE IT! I painted and even did a faux chandelier stencil on some of the walls, it looks awesome, I am VERY proud of how it turned out. I’ll try and remember to take some pics tonight and post them on here. I also got a new leather bed that was an AMAZING score off of Craigslist. It was an $895 Dania brown leather sleigh bed that I got from some dude who couldn’t fit it in his room for $100! It was still wrapped in plastic and had the tags on it and everything! Awesome. So, it is still a work in progress, but I am almost completely moved in with TB now. I still have a dresser, sporting and hunting equipment, and a few other big things at the old house but I am pretty much living in NW again now. Yay!

OK, birthday. Ugh, it was exactly two weeks ago from today. Taunya took me out and I got SCHNOCKERED. Was totally puking before we even left the bar. Had a 24 hour hang over afterwards, so all in all it was a GREAT birthday. There are pics on my MySpace for your viewing/entertainment pleasure…including pics of me puking. Gotta love TB for taking those!

So, that’s my last 69 days in a nutshell. There has been LOTS of play time for me as I haven’t been working much, but I am getting back in the swing of things. Getting up at 530 AM everyday kinda sucks, but since I don’t have to get all dressed up and pretty and iron and shit, it doesn’t take me as long. So, all in all so far it has been a WICKED summer and I can’t wait for more!

Quote of the Day: “If we listened to our intellect, we'd never find love. We'd never have a friendship because we'd be too cynical. Well, that's nonsense. You've got to jump off cliffs all the time and build your wings on the way down.”

No comments:

Post a Comment