19 March 2009

"Is That Weird, Or Do You Like To Get Your Teeth Cleaned Too?"

Yee haw, it’s Thursday. Yay! Although, I have been busy, busy, busy this week. Yesterday was INSANE, both at work and after work. I can only hope that yesterday’s madness doesn’t spill into today, but unfortunately I already know what’s in store for me today. I’ll start with yesterday and go from there.

Yesterday at work was crazy. I had a bunch of stuff going on in the morning and then I was waiting on requested information from some co-workers to complete a few tasks. Its funny how it ALL comes to me at once and it’s all “must drop everything and do MY project first.” Shyeah, right. So, from about noon till 2 PM yesterday I was running around the office rampant. Literally. I ran to the lunchroom to have Bossman sign a contract that had to be returned ASAP, and then ran back to my office. All the while Receptionist and another co-worker are like, “Stop, you’re making me dizzy!” Ugh, I didn't even get to take a lunch till after 2 PM. So, I make it through the day and go home and Roommate had school last night and tonight so I tried to get some quality time in with the DB’s before I had to leave to go to Bar84 and do some graphic design. I was home for about an hour, then back out the door. I worked on some business cards in PhotoShop till about 830 and then I had to give up and go home. I hadn’t worked in PhotoShop in a few months so I was a little rusty. Now that I got a refresher course I should be able to finish them tonight without any further complications. Plus, it’s kind of a work in progress thing, you design as you go and change things around quite a bit to figure out what works best. I am REALLY anal about my graphic design. Everything has to be balanced and aesthetically pleasing so I spent quite a bit of time trying to turn a picture I took into an abstract work of art. I’ll post some jpeg images of the work I’ve done after I finish the business cards and flyers. COME TO BAR 84, ya’ll! Woo hoo!

So, I’m hoping today at work is a little less crazy than yesterday. Then, at 4 PM I am going to the dentist to get my teeth cleaned. I’m SO excited. I guess I’m weird like that. I was telling Roommate this morning on our way out the door, (We have the same work schedule which works really well for us) that I’m excited to get my teeth cleaned today and asked him, “Is that weird or do you like to get your teeth cleaned too?” He said he detests anything to do with the dentist, so I said “Guess it’s just me then!” I’ve never minded the dentist, at all. Even when having to get work like crowns and fillings. So, tell me…do you enjoy going to the dentist, or is it one of those things that you’d actually rather throw yourself into oncoming traffic instead of being in that chair? I’m telling you, Nitrous helps IMMENSELY!

So, after I get my teeth cleaned I have to go back to Bar 84 and finish the business cards and then get to work on designing a print ad and some flyers for general distribution. I’m SO excited. I didn’t get to sleep until midnight last night. I was in bed, I just couldn’t shut off my head. I just kept thinking non stop about things I can design, or how I can give things a fresh new outlook, different layouts, etc. I kept texting my Naughty & Nice to bounce stuff off of her and she was telling me that I was silly and to go to sleep. She knows I get up at 5 AM for work. I wanted to sleep, I just couldn’t stop my thought process cause I’m excited about using my creative side again. Plus, I think this blog has helped to bring that side back out of me. I can’t tell you how much I am enjoying writing again.

Happy Thursday!

Insight of the Day:
“Everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all of the happiness and growth occur when you’re climbing it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment